The Buffalo Region experienced a generational storm for the ages. Beginning on Friday, December 23, the multi-day blizzard found thousands without power, low food supplies, road closures, public transportation shut downs, and so much more devastation including loss of life.
We have compiled a list of “go-to” resources for the community:
- 9-1-1- for life-threatening medical Emergencies
- 716-858-SNOW (7669) for urgent, but not life threatening, situations. For example, almost out of insulin or need to get to dialysis appointment.
- 3-1-1 for City of Buffalo, non-urgent needs. Downed trees, street flooding, etc.
- 2-1-1 for resource mapping
- Warming Centers: St. Luke’s – 325 Walden Avenue
- Code Blue Shelters: Holy Cross at 412 Niagara Street and 586 Genesee Street
JFS may be able to assist clients on a case-by-case basis and we will continue to update this resource list as necessary.